Friday, April 4, 2008

The Up and Up

Sake and I are laying on my new bed in my new apartment. I finally bought my first mattress - I've never actually owned my own bed in my adult life. I love love love the apartment. It is a one bedroom with hard wood floors and new fixtures and counters, and two huge closets. It is on the third floor, facing a busyish but fun street. I will try to post pictures soon. There are innumerable coffee shops, boutique stores and restaurants in walking distance + Luna Park, and soon an Indian food restaurant, is downstairs! There is also a great dog park 3-4 blocks away (Dolores!). I just ordered a couch that is eminently sleepable so the living room (with it's own door) will soon be ready for house guests!

Current TV came through! They, like Apple, offered me a 3 month contract. Apparently he was having trouble putting through a salary request that was 15% higher than what other people in the department were making, so he offered me freelance and said we could convert it to salary later. This is financially a much better situation for me. I can't imagine it working out more perfectly. I have my dream job, working for a company with a larger agenda than just advertising product, I have my perfect apartment in a location that is just what I imagined when I imagined living in San Francisco, and I get to bike to work.

Socially, SF is continuing to be a blast. On Monday I had a quick impromptu wine and cheese housewarming with Ziah, Michael and Lorelei. Tuesday I went to Zeitgiest with a match.com date. Wednesday, Miesha hosted a dinner at her place with friends old and new. Thursday, I had Brad and Jess over for the first home cooked meal in my new place. Tonight it is Adam L's birthday, and Susan is hosting a combo birthday party/BSG viewing party at her place, after which I hope to go out to a club a couple blocks from my house, recommended by Shayna, to get my dance on. Then tomorrow I head out to NYC to hang out with Emmett and Jeff and Mabel before I start work the following Monday. Wheeeeeee!

No comments: