out of control. so much work. so many friends. so much happening.
freelancing m-t-w night - board design for a company in la. thu go out. fri go out - see new and awesome bars in the mission with fun new friend andy - cafe revolution and lone palm. sat spend a glorious day with lindsay wandering the city from breakfast in cole valley to golden gate park to shopping on haight to sushi dinner to meeting lots of folks for a movie at the castro and then karaoke at the mint. all by bike. sun was unexpectedly wonderful -- last minute invites from Michael to go play tennis and Misha to go see a play at american conservatory theatre. playing outside in the sun and seeing theatre on a sunday afternoon == paradise. then back to get sake and dolores park, talking to folk, walking on a tightrope/tension line that someone had set up between two trees, getting a little sun burnt. meet up with andy and lindsay at a divey dive bar on 19 and guerrero and continue on to gestalt. mon more freelance work and a bad headache and fatigue. but so much to be done! michelle's site needs to be updated, I need to do graphics for a show called wasted and I'm the one feeling wasted and unable to dig in and come up with a concept. do the flash. head over to a bbq to get some food. come back. pass out. wake up, 2am start to work again. work drink play party work. intense.
I'm in love with sf. totally utterly in love. and life is sucking me dry with its goodness. everything here is so absolutely wonderful. the karaoke bar? not a single would be pop star, instead they were all exactly as they should be -- hilarious, mismatched and kitsch.
everyone I meet is so young and affluent and fun and sporty and smart. it's a little bubble of techy arty love.
there's so much crossover with people from la. I'm always meeting people who lived there, or went to usc, or have other common threads. at the bbq today I met a girl who knows basically everyone I know, and was ex girlfriends with my fabulous friend and ex neighbor donham.
all of the work that I've had to do is too much but it's all cool shit that I want to do. even the flash has been a bit interesting as a contrast to all the design stuff and the fact that since everyone here is so techy I have begun to reclaim my old knowledge that I tried so hard to obliterate in la. I've regularly tried to challenge myself to do a new thing every time I work on her site or my own -- use listeners, make components, try out a code structure (for each in). I want to dig into processing now. learned on lingo, progressed on actionscript, but processing is the favored art code.
and now it's 4am. I have made some style frames for work, enough to tide the guy over and not feel like I slacked all weekend. and I am wide awake. and it's going to hurt tommorrow.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment