Sunday, May 18, 2008

A true new day

I woke up on Saturday and it felt like the page had been turned.

The weather has been unreasonably beautiful, warm, and sunny, and I walked down the street with a smile from ear to ear. I think I am really done with it all. I met someone that quite likely won't develop into anything more than what it was, but for the first time, I didn't think of eric. There was no aftermath of sadness and comparison. And then I realized -- it's been 2 and a half months. Life has zoomed by so fast, between moving and traveling and starting a new job and outfitting a new apartment and getting to know a new city that suddenly here I am -- ready to let go of the past and embrace the future and all its craziness and newness.

No comments: