Sitting here on my nice king size bed with Sake napping at my feet. Freshly showered and just relaxing. Apple put me up for 3 nights in a fancyish hotel on 4th and Market in downtown San Francisco (that allows pets!), and it's just what the doctor ordered. After a long week of apartment searching and interviewing, and hanging out with sooo many friends, I'm ready to be all happy and nappy in a real bed.
Yesterday, I looked at 12 apartments. No exageration. Of those 12, I turned in applications for 2. Of those 2? I'll let you know tomorrow. One of them is amazing, but expensive, right in Hayes Valley next to the green. It's a one bedroom, so if I get it I'll be all set for visitors. The other is in between Alamo Square and Divisidero. Also nice, right on the other side of the park from Michael, a studio for a couple hundred less per month. There both very cute victorian style buildings (edwardian? I don't know. cute sf style) with only 6- 8 units in each. I haven't been liking the apartments in huge buildings with creepy musty halls. Zipping from apartment showing to apartment showing on my bike made me love this city even more. I'll be happy with either of these. Hopefully one will come through.
Turns out people watch a lot of Lost in this city. Thursday night I went to dinner/viewing party at Michael's house with Miesha and Graham. Friday night I went to dinner/viewing part at Skot and Ria's with a bunch of folk. I had never watched a single episode prior to moving here, and now I've see 4, with 3 different groups of people. I have to say I like seeing the people and cooking the food better than watching the show, but I especially like being able to walk home after it's done. So much cooler than visiting in Los Angeles.
Tuesday I took a bus out to Tahoe and went snowboarding for the day. It was fun to get out on the slopes, but it was underwhelming for a first trip to Tahoe. I think I'm going back with Miesha and Michael in a week or so if I don't go to NYC, so with any luck there will be a bit of powder.
Last night it was dinner and drinks at Farmer Brown in the Tenderloin neighborhood. There's enough crazy people and pee on the streets to make me feel like I'm back in skid row of downtown LA! We took an inadvertent tour when Ziah couldn't remember which block she parked her car on. The restau was good though. Soul food and overpriced drinks. Seafood Jambalaya for me and fried chicken and rhubarb pie for Michael and Ziah. Then on to meet Brad and Jess for some dancing at Butter in the Mission. Like the white people we are, we got a little tipsy and sang along to 80's music while watching weird kung fu movies projected on the wall and dancing as silly as we could. As we were finally leaving at 1am or so, I ran into Alex and his girlfriend on the street, and they got me on the list to go into PopRoxx, a club where Tollef was DJ-ing at. A taxi back to my hotel and I was asleep by 4am. And Sake came with the whole night. She's a little trooper.
Today was brunch with Lindsay, then an afternoon spent once again strolling around and hanging out at Dolores Park. Dolores Park is so the scene! On a nice weekend afternoon, the grass is covered with groups of people picnicing, drinking, people watching, playing with dogs, playing instruments, and generally relaxing. And everyone goes there. As Lindsay and I strolled in that direction, we got a text from Alex saying he was heading there, and when I texted Ziah, she had just arrived, totally separate from us. I love it. It's better than Perkin's in high school.
Tomorrow, I have an interview with Apple at 10am, a second interview with Current TV at 4pm, and I might be signing a lease in between. Then Tuesday I fly to Tucson to see my parents, and, depending on when my lease starts, I might be flying from Tucson straight to New York to hang out with Emmett and Jeff for awhile. Whew. It's no wonder the weeks are passing like days! Life is getting a little less dramatic, but a lot more fun.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment