Monday, March 3, 2008

Today

Today was a good day. Admittedly, there were time when I had vertigo. Just the realization that I am not attached to someone for basically the first time in seven years was bizarre! Knowing I don't have an address right now or any one in the near future was crazy! Finding out that I left my entire music collection on a hard drive I left behind in my storage cube sucked. I kept feeling a little out of it, spacing out every once in awhile as my mind caught on and tried to make sense of a memory. And yet it was great. After a morning of communing with the internet while Ziah slept in, we went out for brunch, went to "noize pop" - a rad gathering of vendors selling their handmade clothing and other items and bands playing, then got coffee and walked around the mission and spent a couple hours chatting and watching people in delores park with some of ziah's friends from work. After, we met up with Michael and his lady lorelei and made sushi dinner in ziah's lovely kitchen and drank lots of sake and plum wine. Surrounded by good friends, letting everything sink in, and having conversation bubble easily, even when I would occasionally be a bit lost staring into space.

It occurred to me. Maybe I should just stay in sf for a bit longer. Sublet a place here before I move on to Portland. Ziah's in favor. She just had a somewhat painful break up a few months ago and, like me, mainly has male friends around. She'd like another female to go out with so all the guys she meets don't think she's with her boyfriend when she's really just with a pal. It's great to be around her again. I'm really able to be present with my friends so much more now, without thinking about being with someone who's not there. So many possibilities.

No comments: